Cynthia Cotte Griffiths
Marketing and Communications
- Handle communication strategy, social media posts, website management, promotional writing, and photography.
- Analyze how each business or organization meets the current trends in their field.
- Write clearly and concisely for email marketing and websites.
- Design a consistent image for each business or organization across all social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, YouTube, Foursquare, etc.
- Monitor and update business listings.
- Analyze statistics on website and social media endeavors.
- Research best practices in the ever-changing online world and recommending improvements.
- Effectively plan and implement communication plans including website updates, promotional emails, and newsletters, then push the messages out on the appropriate social networks.
- Build community by sharing valuable experiences and information.
- Present workshops and training sessions on social media such as “Twitter: The World’s Fastest News Source” and “Social Media Made Simple”.
- Design and distribute newsletters, brochures, invitations, event programs, and press releases.
Event, Foundation, and Corporate Sponsorship Fundraising
- Plan and manage special events including a 300-person annual dinner gala/awards ceremonies, 150-person conferences, sponsorship walks, and golf tournaments.
- Solicit sponsorships and in-kind donations for events and prepare sponsorship agreements.
- Chair conference planning committees with representatives from nonprofit and government agencies.
- Set up and coordinate registration, schedule, marketing, programs, and logistics for conferences.
- Network with county representatives, nonprofit leaders, elected officials, clients, board leaders, and volunteers.
- Research prospective foundations
- Handle grant reporting requirements
Media and Promotions
- Generate and write articles on local news, politics, elections, development, city and county issues, events, recreation, entertainment, business, and volunteer opportunities
- Manage online contributor opinions and comments.
- Promote community events in all available channels.
- Interview local stakeholders about needs and issues in the community.
- Embrace new technology to develop strategies to engage the community such as creating a Twitter account (@Rockville) before “entities” used accounts.
- Find innovative ways to use social networks such as moving a community website to Facebook which allowed the Rockville community to share news as it was happening in 2011 with photos, questions, and links.
- Organize new nonprofit organizations to run successfully by creating a complete record system, properly administering the required government forms, and preparing for audits.
- Develop doner databases with financial reports and manuals.
Property Management, and Construction Oversight
- Determine financial ability to purchase housing units, inspect punch list items, handle settlement documents, and chose resident families for MPDU programs.
- Make management decisions and policies for rental properties since attaining a perfect score on the IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management) property management exam.
- Bid out professional contracts during the development process.
Video and TV Production
Produce and film community shows as a Certified Studio Producer, Field Producer, Field Camera Technician, and Field Editor (Final Cut Pro) at Montgomery Community Media (mymcmedia.org).
Board and Chairman Experience
- Human Service Advisory Commission from 2008 to 2014. Five of these years I was Chairman. From these years of service I know about many of the social service programs from the State of Maryland, Montgomery County, and the City. As a Commissioner I provided insight to determine social service needs in the community and encouraged the implementation of programs to serve those needs. I have also monitored Caregivers Grants, performed site visits and assessments, and provided feedback to the non-profits. I have a strong understanding of the research, data collection, and report preparation for grants.
- Montgomery Women Board of Directors, Co-Chair of Communications 2010-2013. Wrote and distributed press releases, maintained the website, posted to all social network accounts, and developed a long-term communications strategic plan.
- Committee Chairman, Cub Scout Pack, leader of the leaders as we grew the Pack by 35%.